The SHRM Maine State Council (MESHRM) is a group of dedicated professional volunteers from across the State of Maine. We are affiliated with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), a global membership organization committed to the advancement of the HR profession. We are proud to be a part of this organization and provide leadership across this great state.
MESHRM provides a number of services and resources to HR professionals in Maine. Here are a few highlights of initiatives we regularly support and/or offer:
- Best Places to Work in Maine program
- Scholarships for HR professionals to advance their education
- Partner with the Maine HR Convention at the Samoset in Rockport each May
- Partner with Strategic HR New England at the Mt. Washington Hotel in Bretton Woods, NH each October
- Sponsor the Maine Department of Labor Day events offered annually
- Host HR Professional Day at the capitol every other year
- Support and sponsor initiatives in the areas of workforce readiness, scholarships, diversity and inclusion, government affairs, college relations and SHRM certification
- Provide financial support to the SHRM Foundation, the affiliated value-based charity organization of SHRM
As you can see, we are working hard to promote and support the profession in Maine. We hope you will reach out with questions, especially if you have an interest in helping out. Being a SHRM volunteer is a personally and professionally rewarding experience —we encourage you to join us, you won’t be disappointed!