2017 Best Places to Work Awards Event
The Important Info:
The event will be held on October 10 at the Augusta Civic Center with cocktails from 5:00-6:00, dinner and awards celebration at 6:00. Tickets are $75 ea. or a table of 8 for $450. Each winning company will get 2 complimentary tickets to attend the awards event. Deadline to register for event is September 22nd
What is Best Places to Work in Maine? Best Places to Work in Maine is a survey competition to determine which participants are the best employers. The process is managed by Best Companies Group and winners are published in Mainebiz and celebrated at an awards event.
What is Best Companies Group (BCG)? Best Companies Group is an independent research firm specializing in identifying and recognizing great places to work. BCG manages programs worldwide, including the US, Canada and the UK.
Why participate? By participating you can find out if you are one of the state’s best employers! It can also result in significant organizational benefits for entrants:
1) Heightened Company Pride: If your company appears on the list, it could improve employee morale and retention.
2) Public Relations and Marketing Advantage: Companies can use the distinction to enhance recruiting efforts, increase the value of general marketing and improve reputations.
3) The Employee Feedback Report: Companies can pay as little as $715 to participate! They will also receive their Employee Feedback Report detailing employee responses along with Maine employee and employer benchmark reports.
Who can participate?
• For-profits, not-for-profits or government entities
• Publicly or privately held businesses
• Companies with a facility in Maine
• Companies with 15+ full- and/or part-time
permanent* employees working in Maine
• Companies in business a minimum of 1 year
*See Eligibility on website for description of ‘permanent’
Brought to you by: Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) – Maine State Council in
partnership with Mainebiz, the Maine State Chamber of Commerce,
Maine HR Convention and Best Companies Group.