SHRM Maine State Council 2018 Platinum Excel Award Winner!
SHRM Maine State Council
2018 Platinum Excel Award Winner!
What is an Excel Award?
SHRM strongly encourages each of its affiliated chapters and state councils to establish goals and strategic initiatives in support of the HR profession and to meet the needs of HR professionals. These goals and initiatives allow chapters to increase their visibility and effectiveness as well as expand impact within the HR community, and they are the basis for SHRM’s Excel Awards.
There are four award levels: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. A minimum of one initiative is required for award consideration, with the number of required initiatives increasing for each award level.
MESHRM Awarded PLATINUM!
To receive this award MESHRM submitted an application outlining four initiatives:
Enhancing the SHRM Community
1. Leveraging our newsletter network as a vehicle to share certification and recertification information to support and reinforce an active and engaged community.
Serving HR Professionals
2. Continuing a strong partnership with the Maine HR Convention allows MESHRM to reach At-large SHRM members and HR professionals who are unaffiliated and allow them to learn more about local chapter opportunities for both educational and volunteer roles.
Advancing the HR Profession
3. Our partnership with FocusMaine and EducateMaine creates opportunities for employers in Maine by capitalizing on the need for the knowledge worker by developing a comprehensive internship program. This has been a three year project and has transformed into a formal, sustainable internship program in our state, recently impacting 672 interns and 28 employers.
Advancing the HR profession
4. Hosting our flagship event, Best Places to Work, we recognize companies that have established and consistently foster outstanding workplace environments. The 2018 Program recognized 75 companies that met this standard.
Message from our Director:
“I am thrilled that SHRM has awarded the Maine State Council the Platinum Excel Award for 2018. This is a testament to all the great work as volunteers that our team does to contribute to the advancement of the HR profession and increasing employee engagement at workplaces throughout the State of Maine.
Thank you to our team and well done!”
– Barry Martin, MESHRM State Council Director