Human Resources Generalist
A full-time HR Specialist position is currently available with Preble Street’s Human Resources Department, which provides support to the dynamic, mission-driven organization and its team of over 300 dedicated staff. The HR Specialist will primarily focus on onboarding, benefits administration, training and retention efforts, and will perform a variety of support functions to the HR department, as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Previous HR experience; however, candidates with relevant experience, an interest in professional growth
and a commitment to the Preble Street mission are encouraged to apply.
• Knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
• Understanding of benefits administration.
• Strong computer and software skills.
• Familiarity with payroll systems (specifically records updating, maintenance and reporting).
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Competence in presenting information to groups of people.
• Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment.
• Ability to maintain a calm demeanor in unexpected and challenging situations.
• Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to maintain, improve and streamline existing systems, and create new systems as needed.
• An ability to adapt quickly to change and new demands, and capacity to thrive in a fast-paced
• SHRM certification is preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
• This is a full-time, non-exempt position that offers $20-$23 per hour.
• Medical w/100% employer paid option
• Dental w/100% employer paid option
• Employer Paid Life, STD, and LTD
• 403(b) retirement plan w/ employer match
• 160 vacation hours per year, 96 sick hours per year, and 16 personal hours per year.
• 12 Paid Holidays
• Optional supplemental Life, Critical Illness, Accident and AD&D options
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com