Associate Human Resources Business Partner
Website Medical Care Development, Inc
We are a non-profit that focuses on public health issues.
MCD is a global public health non-profit organization recognized in the United States and internationally as a leader, innovator, and trusted partner in the design, implementation, and assessment of high quality, enduring programs in public health.
MCD envisions a world in which all people have access to high quality and enduring solutions to improve and maintain their health and well-being.
MCD aspires to be a premier partner of choice and an internationally recognized leader, innovator, and trusted partner in applied, cross-national public health solutions.
MCD’s mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of people worldwide through enduring, high quality, cost-effective and universally accessible public health solutions.
Come join us!
We are looking to bring on board an experienced Associate HR Business Partner to join our growing HR team. In this role, She/he serves as a core member of the HR team that supports the delivery of HR strategic priorities across the organization. You are responsible for working with the team to help meet MCD’s talent needs, providing consistent support and partnership to managers and employees. You will provide a partnership focused approach in building and fostering an engaging work environment. You will be responsible for supporting of strengthening the HR business processes to improve operational efficiency and ensure compliance.
In this role, you will:
• Build strong partnerships with employees and managers to ensure HR resources are effectively provided across the life cycle of an employee.
• Execute the implementation of HR programs and initiatives to drive an engaged and performing organizational culture
• Analyze issues, and recommends solutions that support HR priorities and overall organizational objectives
• Support in the interpretation and administration of HR policies and guidelines. Apply HR compliance knowledge to mitigate risk.
• Coach employees and managers – facilitate engaging dialogue, conflict resolution, etc.
• Promote a learning culture through implementing training and development programs.
• Use knowledge of business and HR metrics to facilitate business decisions; implement solutions that are aligned to needs.
• Demonstrates solid knowledge of the labor market and applies knowledge and consistent with global HR best practices
This role reports to the Director, Human Resources.
This is an exciting opportunity for that individual that wants to be part of a growing international organization, enjoys working in a diverse team oriented environment and wants to make a difference. This role provides a chance for career growth.
Qualifications, Skills and Experiences:
• A Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources or related field required. Masters’ Degree a plus.
• At least 5 years of demonstrated HR experience in a generalist or business partner role (with experience in employee relations, talent acquisition, total rewards, compliance, etc).
• Previously experience working with an international NGO preferred. Experience supporting donor-funded projects such as USAID, GSF, World Bank, etc. is a plus.
• Solid understanding of federal and state employment laws, understanding of HR best practices.
• Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is a plus.
• Proficient in MS Office. Prior Experience using HRIS systems preferred.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong work ethic.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and coaching skills.
• Be able to adapt to rapid changes in the work environment, manage competing demands
• Proven track record as an effective team member
Please note we are currently working remotely due to the Covid-19 Pandemic and will be considering a hybrid-working model when we return to office in the coming months.
Location: Maine, with periodic travel to the Augusta, ME corporate headquarters.
An updated CV and cover letter (including your salary expectations)
Please send your applications to either firstname.lastname@example.org , position open until filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Please reference position MCD-205 when submitting your application.
Medical Care Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Organization
To apply for this job please visit www.mcd.org.